Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ree's Fresh Sweet Corn Casserole


Most of you know by now that I am a HUGE Pioneer Woman fan! When I need to make a side dish, dessert, whatever it may be for an occasion, her cookbook is my go-to source for great recipes.  This morning I caught her episode on the Food Network and I was just as impressed as I usually am! By the way, if you ever need her recipes from the show you can find them here. Tonight me and some girls were having dinner together to watch the Wisconsin vs. Nebraska game. This morning I got out my handy dandy cookbook while watching her show and decided on her corn dish! Its simple, quick, and delicious! Crystal Cattle's Corn Reports also inspired me to make this dish. I thought it was appropriate for Fall since the 2011 corn harvest is underway! Here's how you do it: (This will be my modified version of her recipe...)

What you need:
1 bag of Pictsweet sweet corn kernels from the frozen section (18 oz.), thawed
1 red pepper, I used orange since they looked better
2 jalapenos
1 cup half & half
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup or 1 stick of butter, softened
Salt and Pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Cook for 45 mins.















Dice the pepper 




I used gloves when cutting the jalapenos. I am a baby when it comes to those things! 



I like the color the peppers and jalapenos add!



Add the milk and half and half. I stirred in the softened stick of butter prior to adding the milk and half and half. Then, add the salt and pepper. I used them liberally! Don't be afraid.


Bake for 45 mins! 


No comments: