Friday, January 4, 2013

My Word of the Year

Confession: I've never been very good at New Years resolutions...if I do make a resolution, it might last for a week. Anyone else with me on this?? This year I decided to do something different, something I might actually stick to! I decided to pick a word for 2013 - that's right, ONE WORD. Sounds much simpler, right?? I've pondered over this word for a good 3 or 4 days now and have finally committed. (for awhile I thought my word might have to be commit!) I decided on BLESSED. In 2013 I will be making lots of traditions - defending my thesis, moving, starting a new job, etc. When I think about my life, I am really really blessed...sometimes it's easy for me to lose sight of that when things start going south or not according to "my" plan! BLESSED is to remind me to be thankful even on those "not so sunny" days. My Nanni is a very wise woman and says often, "There's always, always something to be thankful for".
Did you make a New Years resolution or pick a word to focus on in 2013? If so, leave it in the comment section below if you feel like sharing!
Cheers to 2013!



Some of the people I was really thankful for in 2012! There are many others but I couldn't find a collage big enough! Diptic problems??


P.S. I'd like to give a shout out to one of my faithful followers, Jackie Gibson! :)

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Loving this idea! I'd have to say my word would either be Thankful or Grateful beings I feel like this year will be both! Love following your blog :)

kelsey from keeping up with kelsey

sandy said...

love your blog.....i'll be thinking of a word. And, i think you need a necklace from @lisaleonardonline.com
Would be great inspiration! Want me to pass on for birthday ideas?

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog...helps me feel in touch with my girl who is always an inspiration to me. Sandy, we couldn't wait until birthdays....we are presently awaiting the arrival of our lisaleonard 2013 word necklaces! My word for 2013........TODAY.