Hello all!! Hope everyone is enjoying the warm summer weather and has had a chance to get out in the sun! Today is national hamburger day and with Memorial Day weekend celebrations its a great opportunity to fire up the grill!!
Here is a recipe that you might give a whirl, I thought it sounded delicious! I know my family will be having hamburgers tonight and steak this weekend. Have a fun and safe weekend!
Total recipe time: 30 minutes Makes 4 servings
- 1 pound ground round
- 1/4 cup prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- 4 frozen cream cheese or Cheddar cheese-stuffed jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa con queso
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh plum tomato
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives
- Prepared thick-and-chunky salsa
- Combine ground beef and 1/4 cup salsa in large bowl, mixing lightly but thoroughly. Lightly shape into four thin patties. Place one stuffed pepper in center of each patty; wrap beef around pepper to enclose, sealing seams and forming ball. Flatten balls into patties about 4 to 5 inches across and 1 inch thick.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 15 to 16 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160°F, turning occasionally.
- Spread 1 tablespoon salsa con queso evenly over top of each burger. Sprinkle evenly with tomato and olives. Serve with salsa, as desired.