Tuesday, January 4, 2011

All you need to know about a Porterhouse Steak!

One of my fetishes is watching the Food Network. It amazes me how many nifty tricks and tips you can pick up from America’s top chefs…for free! Last night I was watching Good Eats. I usually don’t watch that particular show but when they started talking about BEEF and the PORTERHOUSE STEAK it caught my attention! I am including the YouTube links for the episode at the bottom of this post; it’s a must watch! They cover everything from how to select cuts of meats at the meat counter and what buzz words like grass-fed and natural mean; to how to prepare, marinade, and cook a steak!  WOW! Trust me, your mouth will be watering by the time you finish part one of the episode! ENJOY!

Good Eats - Porterhouse Steak, Part 1   What is a Porterhouse Steak???

Good Eats - Porterhouse Steak, Part 2   How to select meat at the meat case and what those “buzz words” mean…

Good Eats - Porterhouse Steak, Part 3   How to prepare, marinade, and grill!

No comments: