Thursday, December 15, 2011

A good pot of chili!

I received a crock pot for Christmas (dont't you love early presents?) and decided to try it out this week! Believe it or not, I don't have much experience with a crock pot. The first thing I made was chili. It was so nice to put it in the pot before work and come home to chili! Here is the recipe I used...super easy!
2 pounds ground hamburger meat
1 chopped onion
1 can chili beans
1 can black beans
2 cans diced fire roasted tomatoes
1-2 packets Williams chili seasoning

I cooked the hamburger meat the night before with the onion to make things simpler in the morning. In the morning I put the hamburger meat in the crock pot along with the seasoning and mixed it well. Then added the beans and tomatoes, stirred everything together and left on low all day! I did add a few cups of water. It just depends how thick you like your chili. It was delicious!
This recipe will serve 6-8 people.
If anyone had any great crock pot recipes to share please comment or e-mail them to tilthecowscome@gmail.com. I would love to give them a try!

No comments: