Thursday, December 22, 2011

Merry Christmas from my family to yours!

Right now I am cruising the air at above 10,000 feet on my way home for Christmas! This is the first time I have ever felt like I was "going home for Christmas". Usually I have been home for awhile now on break. However, I will get to stay home for two weeks! I am just a little excited! Mom is picking me up at the airport today so wee can do some shopping and then we will drive home tomorrow. I always look forward to having girl time with my Mom... One of my favorite things about Christmas is getting to see family. I will appreciate this even more than usual this year since I have been away from home, or at least a lot further than I usually am! The family gatherings will start tomorrow when we celebrate my cousin, Laiten's, birthday! Saturday we will all get together again for Christmas eve. This year we are having brisket with whiskey cream sauce. The whiskey cream sauce is a recipe from The Pioneer Womanan and it us amazingly delicious! We have tried it with steak before but never brisket so I think it will put a nice, new spin on the dish. We will follow up the meal with a dirty santa gift exchange! Everyone always has a good time guessing who brought what gift and stealing the gifts from others! What are some of your family's Christmas traditions? Have a safe and Merry Christmas!

No comments: